Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Newborn Diaper Bag

Ah, the diaper bag.  It’s pretty much a necessity for any mom with young kids, especially a newborn!
About a year or so ago I did a post on our toddler’s diaper bag {click here to see it}.  Well, now that Rowen is three, we don’t really carry a diaper bag for her anymore.  Instead, we just carry one for Wyatt!  So I thought I’d give you a peek at my diaper bag, as well as talk about some of my favorite baby products I keep inside! 

*{brackets are clickable links}


OK, so I cannot even tell you how many times I get stopped by random strangers when out in public with this bag.  Most of the people that comment on it are other moms, but I’ve even had some teenage girls tell me “omg, your diaper bag is so cute”.  HA!  Needless to say, I LOVE this bag. 

We initially bought it because my husband refused to carry anything that looked like a purse.  We saw this bag when we were registering (back before Rowen was born).  He liked the pattern and knew that if anyone saw him with it in public; it instantly meant “hey, I’ve got a kid, not a man purse”, HA! 

The bag was a bit on the expensive side, but it’s totally worth it as it has seven pockets, is extra roomy and comes with a changing pad, three accessory pouches (perfect for holding extra cash, keys, cell phone, even dirty clothes) a pacifier pouch and a cooler – all of which we use!

Now on to the goods inside…
*{brackets below represent clickable links}

Diapering:

{Diapers} – We use Pampers for the first 4-5 months then switch to Target brand.  I’ve heard a good rule of thumb is to pack one diaper for every hour you are out and about!

{Huggies Clutch 'n Clean Wipes} - I am in love with Huggies wipes and their refillable Clutch case!  It’s so cute and VERY handy!

{Wet Ones} – I use these to wipe of my own hands and to wipe down the changing mat after using it!

{Desitin} – We use it at every changing

{Munchkin Pacifier Wipes} – Not really a diaper item, but for when that pesky pacifier falls to the ground (which is constantly).

Feeding: 

{Dr. Brown’s Bottles} – Love these, they are great for gassy/reflux babies

{Tommee Tippee Feeding Bibs} – Awesome!  Keeps clothes clean and keeps milk from getting under baby’s chin!

{Munchkin Formula Dispenser} – I use these anytime I know that I will need formula on the go!  Love that each compartment in the container holds up to three feeds worth for us right now!

Comfort Items:

{Summer SwaddleMe}:  Wyatt sleeps in these every night and they tend to soothe him when he’s really cranky.  He loves them.

{Avent Pacifiers}:  Also another comfort item for Wyatt.  I don’t plan on giving him one past 6 months, but for now we’ll keep it!

Spare Blanket:  Perfect for chilly days, stroller rides or as a cover while baby is in the car seat!

{Extra Clothes}:  You never know when you need these!  I particularly like this cute onesie, which is currently in the bag!

I know the contents of this bag will keep changing as he grows, but for now this is what is working for us! 

Shared with:

Let's Talk Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment