Monday, August 10, 2015

Meal Plan Monday 8/10/15

Hi!  First I just want to say thank you to everyone who commented on Rowen's big girl room (click here to see it)  So glad you like it as much as we do!

Now, on with the weekend.  Each year, the State of Iowa designates a weekend (usually before school starts) where people can shop sales tax free on clothes and shoes!  I took full advantage and decided to brave the crowds to find Rowen some new clothes for preschool!  I took inventory of all the stuff she currently has and decided she needed more pants (now in 3T size) and some warmer fall/winter shirts!

Friday night I took both kids (bad idea) and headed to Kohls.  I needed Rowen to go with me to try on a few pairs of pants to make sure they fit.  I knew right away she would be reluctant to try anything on, so to get her to cooperate, I bribed her with a bag of skittles.  Gotta do what you gotta do, right? HA!  It totally worked!

I ended up getting her a bunch of pants along with a few shirts and dresses for an awesome price...look at that total savings! Eeek, makes me happy just looking at it!



Then, Saturday, I headed out with a friend to do some more shopping.  The girl needed shoes and a few more warm items.  I hit up Carters/OshKosh and went a bit crazy!


This little girl should be set for school!


Along with clothes shopping, we also did some grocery shopping for meals, too!  This past weekend my local grocery store was having an awesome Fuel Saver sale, and we ended up saving .95 cents per gallon of gas because of it!  Yah! (previous fuel saver post).

Here's the menu for this week...

Monday:  Loaded Sweet Potato Skins


Tuesday:  Open Face Turkey Sandwich Melts


Wednesday: Cajun Chicken and Rice


Thursday: BLT Grilled Cheese Sandwich (I plan on adding avocado to this!)


Friday:  Not cooking

Shared with:

No comments:

Post a Comment