Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekend Wrap-up 2/2/2015...

This picture sums up how I feel today…


It was a bit of a crazy weekend!  I spent Friday night with friends a CAbi party.  It was a fun experience, but I didn’t end up buying anything because I’m cheap and I wanted to save my money for the following day…

…at IKEA!  Saturday morning my friend, Lauren and I woke up bright and early to head three hours south to Kansas City.  Ryan and I made the same trip this past Fall with plans to come back in the near future to buy furniture for Rowen's room.  Well, Ryan’s idea of “fun” is not IKEA so instead I recruited Lauren who happily obliged to come with me!  

We arrived in KC around 9:30am, made a pit stop at a huge HomeGoods store just for fun, then checked out a local pizzeria for lunch!  It was delish!


We then found our way to IKEA and somehow made it in and out in less than two hours! (I promise it’s not all mine)! 


We knew we didn’t have a lot of time to mess around.  Unfortunately, there was a large snow storm headed our way and getting stuck in KC was not a part of our plan.

We made it back around dinner time that evening, just before 10+ inches of snow hit, which is what we woke up to Sunday morning!


Rowen was insistent upon playing in it, so after breakfast I bundled her up and took her outside where she lasted about 15 minutes in the cold, blowing snow.  


  
The lazy day stuck inside was perfect timing for Ryan to assemble all the items I had bought the previous day (the only downfall to purchasing from IKEA).  Luckily, he didn't have to do it alone, he had good help! 



The rest of the afternoon was spent shoveling massive amounts of snow (which is what happens when you accidentally run over a newspaper with your snow blower and the blade gets stuck, bah!).  Thank goodness for kind neighbors willing to help bail us out!     

The evening ended with a big pot of chili and the Super Bowl for Ryan and a horrible headache and an 8:00 bedtime for me (reason #678 I dislike being pregnant).  


Sorry to disappoint, but I don’t have a Meal Plan Monday post for today.  Quite honestly I had zero time to meal plan and zero chance to get to the grocery store this weekend.  I’ll have a good one for you next week though…promise! 


No comments:

Post a Comment