Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekend Wrap-up 11/24

Anyone else excited for a three day work week?  Thanksgiving is almost here and I can't wait!  Since this week is a short week I am skipping Meal Plan Monday.  I honestly don't have much planned for the week other than some spaghetti and some frozen pizzas.  So instead, I am just going to give you a weekend wrap-up.  Here goes...

This past weekend was busy, busy, busy!  Saturday temps were in the mid 50's so we decided to get out of the house.  First stop was the library to pay our $10 late fee (oops) and find some Christmas books for Rowen (the girl is obsessed with Rudolph).

Next, we made a pit stop to one of our favorites for lunch...


...and then headed to Menards.  And because no trip to Menards (during the holiday season) is complete without a walk through the Christmas decor aisle!



The rest of the afternoon was spent hanging Christmas lights outside!  Ryan finally agreed to hanging them, BUT on one condition...we couldn't turn them on until after Thanksgiving.  Ugh, instant let down, but I agreed only because he was finally letting me decorate something! HA.



Sunday was get sh*t done day.  One of the top things on my "honey do list" was to have Ryan paint Rowen's room!  We plan to move her to a "big girl" bed this weekend (eeek, i'm scared), but before we do, I wanted to have an accent wall painted in her room!

Ryan basically sent Rowen and I out of the house for the day so he could "paint in peace".  I happily obliged as that meant I got to spend time with my sister Christmas shopping...YAY!

We were gone for about five hours and came home to the best paint job I think I have ever seen! Ahh, I am so excited to share it, but not until it's complete!  So for now, I will share with you my "idea" board for her room....


So far it's turned out just the way I envisioned!  I can't wait to get her furniture put in there, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment