Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Getting sick is the pits...

It’s been over a week since I last posted.  Why? Well…I got sick.  Like really sick.  Sicker than I think I’ve ever been before. 

Right after the 4th of July, Rowen came down with Hand Foot and Mouth.  She suffered a low grade fever for about a day and a half and then broke out in a few blisters on her feet.  That was it - nothing too bad.

Well, fast forward a week and BAM, it hit me like a frickin’ truck.  I got sick, too. 

It started with a two day fever of 102° – chills, aches and pains and a headache that wouldn't quit.  Then, after the fever had subsided, the blisters showed up…inside my mouth!  It seriously felt like someone had taken a razor blade to the back of my throat and just sliced their way through multiple times. 

This is pretty much how I felt...


It’s been five days now and I can still barely eat anything. I’m currently looking at a medium sized chocolate shake sitting on my desk, but the cold ice cream is almost too painful to consume.  The pain has been so bad that I was given meds to help handle it.  Ugh!

So forgive me for being absent.  I'm feeling a little better each day, and I have a few posts ready for the rest of the week, so stay tuned! 


No comments:

Post a Comment