Tuesday, July 1, 2014

DIY Patriotic Wreath

YAY!  Only three more days until the Fourth of July!  I realize I am probably a bit late with this post, but I thought I’d go ahead and share it anyway. 

For the past few weeks I’ve been busy doing a number of DIY projects around the house, one of them being this fun and festive patriotic wreath made from clothespins!  I sort of have a growing obsession with front door décor, wreaths in particular!   I’ve had this wreath hanging on my door since winter, but I thought it was time for something new.  Check it out…


Supplies needed:
Wreath wire (floral department at Hobby Lobby)
Red, white and blue spray paint
70 clothes pins
White acrylic paint (not pictured)
Small paint brush (not pictured)













Begin by painting your clothes pins.  You’ll need 25 white pins, 25 red pins, and 20 blue pins.  Let dry 30-40 minutes (you may need more than one coat of paint).  Side note: It is best spray paint on wax paper so that the pins don’t stick to the surface they are drying on. 

Starting at the top, in the middle of the wreath, clip five white clothespins on the second wire from the bottom.  Then, grab five red clothes pins and do the same.  Keep alternating colors until you run out. 

Next, you’ll pin the blue clothes pins to the second wire from the bottom.  Once you’re finished, your wreath should be full! 


Lastly, using a small paintbrush and some white acrylic paint, I painted white dots (stars were too complicated) to resemble the 50 states!


Hang using a door hook (as pictured) or ribbon!


So easy and so cheap! 

Hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July!


Shared with:


No comments:

Post a Comment