Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekend Wrap-up

Good morning - Happy Monday!  How was your weekend?  Mine was a blast!

Saturday morning, I headed out for a quick three mile run and did a little shopping.

That afternoon I met up with three of my good friends from college for lunch at Z'mariks where I gobbled up my favorite dish, the Spicy Peanut bowl, yum!


Side note confession:  Ryan, Rowen and I have eaten here every Saturday for the past month.  The fact that kids eat free here every Saturday mixed with the fact that we have a plethora of BOGO coupons means we all eat for only $9 - so awesome!

Later that evening I met up with friends for Des Moines WineFest where we happened to score free VIP tickets to the event through a friend!

We pulled up to valet park our cars, walked the red carpet on the way in, and then ate and drank our way through the entire event!  The tasting featured food from some of the finest chefs in Iowa and incredible wines from all over!


Never in my life have I had or seen so much wine!







Once the event was over we headed to Splash for an after party and then ended our night.

Cheers! It was the perfect way to end a fabulous day with great friends!


A big thank you to Dom, executive chef at Splash and Jethros for inviting us to the event and showing us an awesome time!


Sunday was a little more low key.  We ran our usual errands in the morning and then met up with family for a picnic at the park!

It was our first time at this particular park, and the playground was unlike any other I'd seen before!  Rowen loved every minute of it!








After the park we headed down the street to Dairy Queen for a little ice cream and then headed home for a nap!


We ended the evening at church, dinner and then a walk!

Hope you had a good weekend, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment