Sunday, March 9, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

Ahhh, I just wanted to shout from the rooftops this weekend because it FINALLY felt like Spring!  I don't want to jinx myself, but it looks like the long, dreadful winter may be on it's way out the door. Hallelujah!

Anyway, this weekend was pretty much centered around running.  In a couple of weeks I will be signing up to run a half marathon.  It's a race I have run for the past three years, only this year they've upped the mileage from a 20K (12.4 miles) to a half marathon (13.1 miles).  I ran my first half marathon back in 2011 and I've been eager to do another ever since!

Saturday morning my alarm rang bright and early so I could get up and take myself to the gym to run...on a treadmill.  Sick.  I despise the gym.  It's just so uncomfortable, the smells, the sounds, everything, so when I saw this video my sister posted on her Facebook page I just about threw from laughing so hard.  It is 100% dead on, and basically sums up the way I feel when at the gym.  {PS this video my not work if viewing from your phone.  If not, click here.}





I hated every minute I was there, but I powered through and when I got home rewarded myself with one of these bad boys...



After a workout I try to take in a healthy amount of protein, and this drink always does the trick, just don't let the color scare you.  It's packed full of protein, vitamins and veggies!  My sister and her best friend got me hooked.  It's actually a vegan drink, but it tastes like ice cream!


Ingredients:

Blender
Spinach
Vega Powder (Whole Foods)
Half a frozen banana (cut)
Vanilla Almond Milk

Here's how you make it:

In a blender mix two handfuls of spinach, one scoop of vega powder, your banana, and one cup of almond milk.  Stick in in the freezer for 5-10 minutes then enjoy!

Super easy and it tastes so good!!  In fact, I gave my 19 month old a sip and she was begging for more!

The rest of Saturday was spent doing housework, playing, and catching up with family.

Sunday morning we headed to church with my family and then to the mall for a bite to eat. After lunch Ryan headed home, Rowen headed to Grandma and Grandpa's and I headed out to meet a few friends for another run, only this time, OUTSIDE!  It was wonderful.  The sun and the vitamin D felt so good!
 

I am scheduled to run five days a week for the next 12 weeks, with long runs every Saturday.  I was nervous about it earlier in the week, but after today I am totally looking forward to it!

After running I headed home to grab the hubby, baby and dog for a stroll around our neighborhood and some playtime outside.



Then we fired up THIS...


Thanks to daylight savings, we ate our dinner in the warm glow of sunlight. It felt like summer!

We're back inside now eagerly awaiting tomorrow's temps...mid 60's! Eeeek!

Have a good night!

Shared with:


1 comment: