Sunday, March 16, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

Why oh why do the weekends go by so quick?

This weekend was pretty relaxing around our house, not too much going on.  Ryan started off the weekend with a nasty sinus infection so Rowen and I spent some girl time doing a little Friday night shopping!

We hit up Baby Gap for Friends and Family weekend and came away with a few spring must-haves for Rowen, and then set out to find a new pair of running shoes for me!

I'm picky when it comes to running shoes.  I won't just go to a sports store and buy the first, cute pair that fits, no, no.  Instead, we headed to a local, specialty retailer.  If you're training for any sort of race, I recommend getting properly fitted by someone who knows shoes and the sport!

After about 30 minutes of trying on shoes, I came out with these!


Let me tell you, nothing motivates like a shiny, new pair of shoes!

****

Saturday we pretty much hung around the house.  I went for a chilly three mile run and then worked on a project {to be shown later}.

Saturday night, ISU was playing for the Big XII Championship, so we headed to a watch party at my parent's house.  It's probably important to note here that Ryan is]obsessed with every sport known to man, especially college basketball and the Iowa State Cyclones.

The boys watched upstairs, while the girls "watched" downstairs.  My cousin and her daughter, who happens to be the same age as Rowen, joined us.  It's always so fun to get together and watch them play!



ISU ended up winning, which meant my husband went home in a good mood - thank goodness!

****

Sunday was spent back at my parent's house for a little family get-together/birthday party!

How cute are these two?


My grandma, who is literally the world's best grandma, turned 84 last week, and Ryan turns 29 on Tuesday!

We celebrated with a little cake eating and present opening...




A fun way to end a great weekend!


That about does it for my weekend wrap up.

Hope you guys had a great weekend, too!





No comments:

Post a Comment