Sunday, March 2, 2014

Weekend Wrap-up

It's Sunday again.  That means weekend wrap up!  It was a pretty normal weekend for us, complete with frigid cold temps and more snow - apparently mother nature hates us.

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early to take my car in for an oil change, waited close to an hour and then made the rounds to accomplish my normal weekend errands.

When I came home, Ryan was busy cooking brunch!


The mess left over motivated me to knock off the top three cleaning items on my list: deep cleaning the kitchen, wood floors {the biggest pain ever}, and bathrooms.


 I try to deep clean at least once month and I always feel ten times better when done!

Much of the afternoon was then spent doing this...


and this...


Until it was time to go!  Where?  Rowen had slumber party plans with my parents and we had a baby free night!  Yes!


We packed her a bag, put on our Saturday best {aka my sweatpants}, and headed out the door.

After making a pit stop to say goodbye to baby girl, Ryan and I headed to my sister's house for wings, pizza and college basketball. My brother-in-law, Shawn has a smoker and happily obliged to make us wings. So good!






The boys got settled on the couch in front of the TV while my sister and I made ourselves comfy in the kitchen making these!


We sort of randomly threw this little cocktail together, not realizing how devilishly delicious it would taste!

Then proceeded to craft a diaper cake for a baby shower my sister was attending later in the week...


...not bad for a few drinks in + our first time!

We ended the night at 1:30am - an hour Ryan and I haven't seen in a loooooong time!

Today {Sunday} we met back up with my parents for lunch and then headed home with an exhausted baby.

It's early to bed for her and a night of Oscar watching for me!

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment