Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My 10 Favorite New-Mom Must-Have Items

Happy hump day!  I cannot believe the work week is already half over!  Crazy!

Tonight's blog topic centers around babies and all of their stuff.  I never realized just how much stuff a baby needs until I became a parent!  Over on my other blog {sorry for the shameless plug}, I posted about an adorable baby shower invitation I recently designed.  In keeping with the baby theme on this blog,  I thought I’d go ahead share with you my 10 Favorite New-Mom Must-Have items!  I happen to have quite a few friends expecting babies in the next six months so the timing for this post only seemed appropriate!  

Here we go…


1.  Chicco Keyfit 30 Travel System – This car seat/stroller combo is perfect for everyday use with an infant!  The car seat snaps right into the stroller – no need to take baby in and out of the car seat!  Genius!

2Boon Grass Countertop Drying Rack – I absolutely love this product!  And even though my daughter is pushing 20 months, we still use it daily!  It was perfect for bottles and binkies during the newborn stage, and now works well for toddler necessities like sippy cups, spoons, etc!  

3. LeSport Sac Ryan Diaper Bag (Zoo print) – This bag is awesome!  It’s roomy with lots of pockets to fit everything imaginable for baby, plus it’s adorable!  I’ve received tons of compliments on it!  It’s a little bit spendy, but totally worth it!

4. Phillips Avent Bottles - These were the only brand of bottles I used for my daughter.  They never leaked and came in a variety of sizes, perfect as baby grows!

5.  NoseFrida – OK, I will admit it, when I first saw this product I was all like, “sick, no way in heck am I sucking up my kid's snot through this thing”.  Then, my daughter caught her first, bad cold and I was all like, “heck yes I’ll do it, anything to get some sleep!”.  This little invention not only works, but it’s the best snot sucker we’ve found to date!  I highly recommend it!

6. Fisher Price Rock ‘n Play Sleeper –  If you have an infant with reflux I HIGHLY recommend this!  My daughter was diagnosed with acid reflux within the first month she was born.  The doctor recommended we sleep her in an upright position at night to prevent from choking and grunting after feedings.  Our first attempt at this was the car seat, which didn’t work.  Then we found the Rock n Play, and it worked wonders!  She was finally comfortable at night and we were finally getting some sleep!  She was a Rock ‘n Play baby until five months when we finally transitioned to the crib!

7.  Video Monitor –Being able to actually see and hear your baby on a monitor at all times while he/she is in another room is a huge lifesaver.  Not sure how parents survived without this!

8.   Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier – This is a great little humidifier and well worth the money for its functionality.  We turn this on every night before our daughter goes to bed!  Its cute appearance is an added bonus, too! 

9. Diaper Genie Elite –  A must have for any parent with a little one in diapers!  It handles odors like a dream - once a dirty diaper goes in I never have to smell it again! 

10. Tommee Tippe Milk Feeding Bibs – If you have a spitty baby these bibs are great!  They’re super absorbent and the collar around the neck is awesome for bottle fed babies and drooling!   

There you have it,  those are my 10 Favorite!  What were your favorites?  Feel free to comment below! 

Have a great night!


Shared with:


The Grits Blog


Happy Kids, Inc.

Time for Mom

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing with us! I always wanted one of those grass dryer things, just because it's cute but I went for a different kind of dryer when it came to it! I am too afraid to try that snot sucker thingy! Cute dehumidifier, ours is just a boring regular one! Thanks for linking up, I share this to our Time for Mom Superstars pinterest board, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this girl!! My husband and I are trying for a baby and I have been research to see what I all could possibly need. This is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete